Quality Assurance Technician (2nd Shift)
El Paso, Texas
Azar Nut Company, a division of Mount Franklin Foods is a leading North American manufacturer of high-quality confections and nut products based in El Paso, Texas, is looking for a Quality Assurance Technician (2nd Shift) to join our team.
Conducts visual and analytical procedures to ensure the integrity of raw materials, works in process, finished goods and the associated production processes ensure a safe, high-quality product. Documents inspections results to ensure compliance to document control and record keeping is attained. Prepares quality reports for internal and third-party audit reviews.
Reviews records to ensure requirements and company standards are being met. Troubleshoots issues to ensure the final product or process meets the company standards. Places product on hold when specifications are not met. Take immediate action when a product has been identified as high risk of possible contamination. Makes decisions impacting food safety and product quality ensuring consumer safety and satisfaction. Enforces standards for operation in compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements. Participates in GMP monthly audits.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Will assure that production is producing product within specification and notify QA Supervisor and Production when specifications are not met.
- Will follow metal detector and magnet procedure, CCP requirements based on the HACCP system, to reduce the risk of physical, chemical, or biological contamination of product.
- Monitoring or verification of Critical Control Points and/or Critical Quality Control Points.
- Will follow and enforce GMPs and sanitation procedures to reduce the risk of contamination of products during inspection and manufacturing.
- Verifies in the manufacturing, warehouse and building areas the compliance to food safety fundamentals or prerequisite programs
- Participates in the investigations of customer complaints and verifies corrective actions to quality and food safety issues.
- Act with urgency, diligence and detail related to the enforcement of food safety and quality practices, identifies potential quality and food safety issues, and escalates the issue to management when necessary.
- Provides feedback and updates to standard operating procedures as needed and analyzes data to make recommendations for improvements to the quality system.
- Act responsibly, safely and as a model of company policies and procedures.
Education and Qualifications
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Bilingual preferred (English/ Spanish)
- Knowledge of GMPs, HACCP, and Food Safety Preferred
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.- 50 lbs. bags or boxes
- Must be able to go up and down on ladders/stairs
- Must be able to walk a large part of the shift
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled